This page last updated on 2014-02-22.
Why Do We Use the Old Version for the Demo?
The old version (“step 0032″) was finished in 03/2010. Then we had the first LAN Party (a few friends met to find problems of the SRR Framework).
Afterwards I decided to do a major re-design. This re-design is not yet finished (Vehicles are still missing). Currently we are halting at “step 0033.08bf1″ (12/2013).
This situation is summarized in following slide: VersionsForDemo.pdf
What do I Need to Enjoy the Demo?
(1) Install the Web3D Browser and the Collaboration Server
We recommend to use BS Contact 7.212 Web3D Browser and BS Collaborate 22.214.171.124 Collaboration Server.
You can find test versions of this commercial(!) software at http://www.bitmanagement.com.
Alternatively, the installation binaries of the test versions of Bitmanagement’s software are cached in SrrTrains’s “Test Package” (TestPackage_0033.06bf6.zip):
Download here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/simulrr/files
and look for directory “simulrr/PlatformInstallationBinaries”
(2) Install the SRR Tools (“Dead End Branch” Step 0032)
DOWNLOAD HERE: SrrTools_0.01.13(0032bf7).zip – SRR Tools for BS Contact/.NET/Windows
(3) Use the SRR Tools to (a) Play with the Demo Layout (b) Test your own Modules and Models
I tried to summarize most important info about this pre-pre-alpha(!) version of the software in following demo video:
More Practical Info
- SrrTrains was exposed in spring 2012, at Mixed3D:
Headline and Forum: http://closed.forumactif.com/t2210p171-bs-collaborate
- The “official release” of the SRR Framework (SRR_0032bf7.zip) was not only tested with BS Contact, but with Octaga Player, too, but they have some disadvantages
- no nice Windows installer
- ugly GUI